Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

1/2 of 1 year old... what?

Sunday June 7th, Cooper Andrew Wells turned six months old. It truly isn't possible that 6 months ago I was in an OR crying tears of joy when I saw Christopher come around the drape with a chubby, swollen baby with black hair and dark eyes.


Before I had Cooper I was always anxiously awaiting for things to be over. Always ready to move onto the next thing. I was always saying "I can't wait for x, y or z!" Now I just want time to stop, or at least move in slow motion. I want to savor every minute of time and give and get all the love I can from this little person that makes me so happy.

Check-up stats:
Weight: 20 pounds, 9 ounces (86th percentile)
Length: 28.25 inches (93rd percentile)

Clothing: wears 12 months clothes primarily because he needs the extra length.
Shoes: Went right to a size 5 shoe. What???
Hair: Filling in and a little fuzzy on top, but very neat. Doctor thinks he looks like a mini-business man.

Dear Cooper Baby,


You are six months old now. According to Miss Alyson that's 181 days. A lot of fun we've had so far, huh? The first couple of months were pretty low key, but we've really turned up the excitement lately.

When you are awake you are WIDE awake and ready to go, play, move, talk, etc. And when you sleep, you sleep. This makes for pretty fun times together. You love to stand on my lap and dance on my lap and play in your Exersaucer. You love to eat solids like applesauce, prunes and pears and you love to snuggle and have warm bottles in Mommy's lap. You also love to laugh when tickled or when we make funny noises. You are so interested in your surroundings and particularly like it when Chips comes over and rests her chin on the Exersaucer so you can pet her. This week you started a new trick... when we lay you down on your changing table you arch your back, stick out your chest & belly and beat on your chest with your fists. You look like Tarzan and it's pretty funny when you are naked or just in a diaper.


For some reason if you see the camera or the video camera you stop doing whatever cute thing I was trying to capture on film. If you could keep on being silly I'd have more pics to post on this blog and your fans would be thrilled. Just a small request.


You will never know how much joy you bring your friends and family. Everyone lights up when they see you. The first thing they say is "What big eyes!!" Your big smile in the morning makes my day and I can't wait to see it everyday until I allow you to eventually leave home.

Love You, Love You, Love You

Mommy

No comments: