Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cooper is 1 Month Old!


Yes, I had a party for my one month old son. For anyone who thinks this is crazy I have two things to say #1. Deal with it. #2. Blame my parents who had a "Happy One Week Old" cake for me. We had some pizza, cake, ice cream and fun. Cooper slept through the whole thing. Well, until I woke him to take his monthly picture with his new elephant from Grandmama Wells.

The caption on this picture should read "Never wake a sleeping baby." I think I will try this shot again tomorrow so we can get a better disposition and have the proper scale so we can really compare his size to the elephant from month to month. By the way, a shout out to my friend Alyson for the idea to take his pic this way. She, of course, was smart enough to start her son's photos at the one-week mark... but I can't live up to that... so monthly it is.
At one month Cooper...
... is starting to burp on his own after bottles.
... likes to hold onto the bottle and can keep it upright if it has an ounce or less in it.
... is starting to track objects, but not really smiling yet (unless he has gas).
... is eating 3-4 ounces per meal and sleeps 3-4 hours at a time depending on how much he eats.
... hates his diaper changed, his clothes changed, and being given a bath.
... loves his swing, but his bouncy seat not so much.
As the best month of my life wraps up I'm looking forward to all the ups and downs of month #2 and glad that my new year's resolution is simply to be a great mom and wife. Everything else is just... cake.








No comments: