Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our Weekend




I know how frustrating it is to sign onto your favorite blogs and not see regular updates. So, if an effort to satisfy the cravings of my (very small) fan base here is what happened this weekend in the Wells World.
Saturday Cooper attended his first artisan show to show support to his Aunt Jane who was showcasing her jewelry there. We had lots of fun, got some love from total strangers and found these adorable vintage outfits at amazing prices!!!! It makes me want to scour Salvation Army and Ebay to find other pre-1980 smocked and applique pieces. We will definitely be visiting the Eastland Artisan Market on a monthly basis to raid Melodie's stock.

After the show we checked out Pied Piper Eatery in East Nashville that had gotten a great write-up in the Nashville Scene this week. The Frito Pie and Monte Cristo definitely get the thumbs up! We probably won't trek this way very often, but it's worth the trip!

Saturday night we hooked up with Nick and Meg at La Paz and had a yummy dinner. Cooper did pretty well and was just slightly fussy. I must admit though his fussiness distracted me more than I expected. This was the first time he hadn't slept through the entire meal and it threw me off a little. I guess this is why people stop going out to eat when they have kids??? Or get babysitters I guess...
The post-dinner entertainment included hanging out at Nick and Meg's talking, laughing, and playing Guitar Hero. Cooper really liked their apartment (he told me later) and other than almost getting attacked by their cat had a great time. Next time however he said he'll forgo the Dark & Stormy and go straight for the Jack & Coke. Just kidding...

Sunday was full of nothing. Absolutely nothing. In an effort to get Christopher rested for his week ahead we hung out at home, watched TV and cooked spaghetti. Other than changing clothes FOUR times, Cooper didn't do much either.

Next week... Mommy and Cooper, The Last Week. Yes, sadly my last week of maternity leave starts tomorrow. I know I will be battling my separation anxiety come next Monday but for now I'm going to hold and stare at my little man 24/7 and worry about next week next week.

2 comments:

The Gilles Family said...

I'm officially applying for Cooper's nanny job! ;) He and Bennett can, uh, sit in their bouncy seats together! ? I'm sorry your leave is ending, but I'm also glad for you as I know how much you had wanted to be back in the swing of work, pre-Cooper.

Bennett's portability phase is coming to an end, too. But we're also realizing that his "Ok for a babysitter" phase is just around the corner! We already booked a babysitter for the Dave Matthews concert in May, but we're thinking we have a 5 hour window between his last feeding and his 1st middle of the night feeding in which we could grab a movie. And possibly sushi! How stinking much fun would it be to go to dinner with the Wells's again? Sigh.

And CUTEST BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS EVER! It's displayed for all of ABQ to see (well, mostly just our bug man, as he's really all the company we really ever get), on our fridge!

And this is officially the longest blog comment. Ever.

Love you guys!

Tracy said...

LOVE THE UPDATES! So sorry your leave is ending but if I know you you'll be glad to be back after the adjustment. He's adorable Ansley! Glad motherhood is really agreeing with you. Hey, I was pretty much held in my house for 7 months because anytime Syd got in the carseat or out besides for a walk in the baby carrier she screamed bloody murder. Can you even imagine??? I couldn't ever eat a meal without holding her screaming. Can u tell I was traumatize, just a little! So glad Cooper is such a good infant for you! I hope our next is that way!