Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Anyone up for a Thanksgiving Baby???

Not to be an alarmist, but this is how my 32 week appointment went this morning...

Show up at 8 am, get weighed, have BP taken and give nurse a urine sample at her request. Wait FOREVER for Dr. Brown which I thought was odd given that I was his first appointment and I knew he was there. Turns out he was waiting for my urine tests. The ensuing conversation goes like this...

DB: How are you feeling?
AW: Good.
DB: How are you really feeling?
AW: Okay. Why?
DB: Well, you don't look good on paper. You have a lot of protein and ketones in your urine.
AW: Okay.
DB: I'm concerned you are getting toxemic before our eyes so we will need to do some blood work, do a 24 hour urine test and start seeing you once a week.
AW: Well, in three weeks I have jury duty, so we will have to work around that.
DB: I think things could be pretty complicated three weeks from now, so you might not be reporting for jury duty.

After my mini-panic attack (because the Dr. that is never worried seems worried) we proceeded with my exam. He did say when we finished that I looked better in person than on paper which was mildly comforting.

I left the office with a lot less blood than I came with (thanks Mr. Phlebotomist) and a big orange jug to carry around and put 24 hours' worth of urine into. Lovely.

We will just have to wait and see. In the meantime please pray that my little man's lungs develop as quickly as possible in case he arrives early.

2 comments:

The Gilles Family said...

Praying praying praying!!!!

Tracy said...

Ansley, Prayers coming your way and ya know what.... U always treat the patient not the paper so it's great that you looked so good! Hang in there! Sure, things might get complicated but with pregnancy and delivery they often do you're not alone and please know we are all here for you. And... If you weren't scared at times during all this, you wouldn't be normal! Love ya and prayers coming for you and your little man!LOL