Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Heart Pioneer Woman



After one faithful meal at Alyson's house last year I came to know The Pioneer Woman and her amazing recipes. I have since tried MANY of these tasty dishes and started checking her blog on a daily basis for something new to try. I have also since turned MANY people onto her, and they now sing her praises as well. Here's why she's a success:
1. The food is delicious.
2. The recipes are easy to follow (thanks to her amazing step by step photography).
3. She's not afraid of butter.
4. She's funny.
5. The ingredients are simple and easy to find.
If you aren't familiar with Ree already and would like to embark on a culinary love affair here are my suggestions about where to start:

1. Dump Cake - 5 ingredients that got rave reviews at my recent Foyer Group dinner.
2. Chicken Spaghetti - a yummy casserole that everyone will love!
3. Chile Con Queso - sadly, we can eat this with chips for dinner and be so happy.
4. Mystery Rolls - these turned Dana into a lover of blue cheese (only 3 ingredients)!
5. The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever. - Truer words have never been spoken.

1 comment:

The Gilles Family said...

Oh how I remember that dinner well! I need to bust out that lasagna again. Breakfast sausage! Who knew? Love her. And love you, TOO! How's CAW2?