Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Christmas Gifts


This year I am faced with a Christmas gift dilemma. I have a burning desire to purchase and wrap all the presents for the 30+ people on my list by the first weekend in December, but I have no idea what to get anyone. The Xmas 2008 spreadsheet has been ready for months waiting to be filled in with good ideas but nothing comes to mind except for a few things for Christopher and the baby.


Friends have said "get everyone a gift card." I have two problems with this. First, gift cards aren't fun to wrap and don't look as festive under the tree as boxes of all shapes and sizes. Second, I'm afraid they won't get used.


I thought about getting a picture frame for everyone, wrapping it and then attaching a photo of our little man to the package once he is here... but that too seems kind of bland.


Any thoughts????

3 comments:

Nancy Bowron said...

We like to give a gift that shows the recipient we have spent time thinking about them. With kids, we often give gift cards because at the ages all of you are now, money is more necessary and useful than superfluous gifts, no matter how well thought out. With peers, parents, & each other, we enjoy coming up with the idea and then carrying out the search. It's time together well spent! I also think there is great value today in hand made items. Talk about showing the recipient you have been thinking about them! No time? Shop Etsy - the great place for handmade everything!

And give yourself a break. Your brain is focused on preparing you for the awesome task of mothering a new life. Of course thinking of others is more difficult! I have no doubt you will come up with the exact right decision for you, Christopher, and "little man"!

Unknown said...

I say check out Etsy.com! Great prices and lots of variety! I just listed a new hub on http://hubpages.com/profile/jewels1977! I listed a few gift ideas in my hub but there are so many more unique gifts to be found!!! Love ya lots!
Jane

Dana said...

What about Christmas Village? I just saw an ad for it. I don't know how "craftsy" it is if you know what I mean, but we could make an event of it?! I can't remember if this is one of the shows that you go to or not-I believe I went to it many years ago? Anyways, the website is www.christmasvillage.org and it's taking place November 14-16.