Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Fun, Family and Friends


This weekend turned out almost exactly as I had planned.

Friday night was pretty low-key and included a yummy baked ziti and handing out candy to trick-or-treaters that came dressed as everything from Ironman to Raspberry Girl (?) to disgruntled Teenager with pillow case.

Saturday was my first baby shower and was so much fun! The weather was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the gifts were just too much! The icing on the cake was a surprise guest... Mama Wells! My sweet in-laws drove 12 hours one way just to attend my baby shower and spend a little time with Christopher and I B.B. (before baby). It was a perfect day. I can't thank BFFs Dana and Jane enough... everyone was blown away by how amazing everything was.

Sunday was the day I realized there is going to be a new person living in our house... SOON. After Christopher repainted the nursery Jane and Zan came over to help assemble furniture. Jane also helped me get things organized that had been shoved into the dining room. By 7pm we had a nursery... bed complete with bedding, rocking chair, dresser and changing table. Wow... this is really happening. There are some final touches to be added... hamper, prints, curtains, etc. but this is a real nursery. For a real baby. Holy smokes.

No comments: