Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dayenu

Dayenu. A Jewish word meaning "it would have been enough." This word and it's meaning to people has cropped up in several blog posts that I read on a regular basis. This combined with the season of Thanksgiving has led me to reflect on my "haves" in a world that so often focuses on "have nots."

If God had only given me life, and none of the other blessings... Dayenu.

If God had only given me a job and not the amazing friendships that have sprung from that place... Dayenu.

If God had only given me Christopher, and none of the children we have been/will be blessed with... Dayenu.

If God had brought me into the Vanderbilt community, and I had only made one friend there... Dayenu.

There's so much to be thankful for. I have above and beyond what I need or deserve. What are your Dayenus???

No comments: