Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

01.20.10

Cooper had a night terror last night. I woke up to his hysterical cries and when I went in to comfort him he was asleep. Eyes closed, body was rigid, wouldn't "wake up", fighting against me. Then about 5 minutes later he woke up, opened his eyes, hopped off my lap and starting playing with a toy and talking.

After talking to our pediatrician, other mothers, and consulting online baby resources I've learned that by picking him up and talking to him I may have worsened or prolonged the event. Should it happen again I will just go in his room and (painfully) watch it happen to make sure he doesn't hurt himself and be there when he wakes up. I've also learned that this is caused by sleep deprivation. Cooper has been waking up a lot at night because he has a cold so it all kind of makes sense now. Fingers crossed for peaceful sleep at our house tonight.

1 comment:

The Gilles Family said...

Oh Ansley. :( That breaks my heart for 2 reasons. 1 that he has to experience it and 2 that you (may) have to watch it happen. I hope it never happens again!!!