Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dear Cooper,

On the night before your first day of daycare I wanted to get some things off my chest. I am really very sad that tomorrow morning we will get in the car and head to the place you will spend your days with other people. If I could I would spend every minute of every day with you by my side. However, that's not possible and probably not entirely good for either one of us.

I want to tell you (well tell myself really) that my working is not forever. Daddy will be done with his fellowship before we turn around twice and you will then be able to keep me on my toes from morning till night which is apparently what toddlers do :) Maybe around that time we will get a little brother or sister for you as well and we will all have fun together.

I am grateful that I love my job, my clients, and my co-workers because leaving you under other circumstances would be even harder. I am also grateful that if I have to miss time with you at least it's time when you sleep... a lot... and can't talk. I know as you get older and more interactive it will be harder and harder.

I'm glad we had this talk and I hope you are super excited about going to school. We are going to call it school, because it makes me feel better. I will be the one that is sad tomorrow and that's okay. It's just because I love you more than anything God has ever put on this planet.

Mark your calendar. July of 2011 I'm all yours.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Oh Ans, you've got me crying now! What beautiful words. I will be thinking about you tomorrow morning at 7 am!

Unknown said...

Me too! Oh I am so sorry you have to go through this but it WILL GET A BIT EASIER as time goes by and you get back into a schedule!! Good luck tomorrow mommy and baby boy!