Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 24, 2009

7.23.09

Do you ever need to make a quick appetizer, dessert or side dish for a party or a potluck or a sick friend and don't want to go to the store? This happens to me a lot and so I've really tried to make a concerted effort to fill my pantry, freezer, and fridge with items that can help me when I'm in a bind. So far the most helpful items have been:

1. frozen pie crusts (with these plus 6 other staples I can make yummy fudge pies)
2. frozen package of herbed goat cheese (bake off a frozen baguette and you have an easy app)
3. frozen shrimp (pair with a bottle of cocktail sauce from the pantry and you are good to go)
4. wedge of Gruyere cheese (add potatoes, milk, butter and garlic for delish au gratin potatoes)

Tonight it was the frozen pie crust that came to my aid so while dinner was baking I whipped up a pie and baked it while we ate. Now I'm ready for tomorrow night's dinner at Jane's.

No comments: