Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Blank Canvas (Almost)!


The nursery is cleaned out! The nursery is cleaned out! So much progress this weekend!!!

Our bedding arrived (adorable) on Friday and then Christopher and I took advantage of the gas shortage in Nashville and stayed home all day yesterday and cleaned up the rec room and cleaned out the nursery. The desk you see above is currently listed on Craigslist and the treadmill on the far right will be donated to the VHA yard sale AS SOON AS they schedule a drop off!

This week I'm going to stop by Porter Paints and match paint to the bedding and then the real work can begin. In an effort to conserve much-needed baby funds I think we are going to paint the nursery ourselves. Correction - my sweet baby brother Glenn is going to help Christopher turn the room from Turkish Coffee to a lovely shade of baby blue and then Meg and I will do the stripes. I think the striping is a job for women. And after seeing Meg's crafting skills Saturday night, I have complete faith that she can do it!!!! Besides, she's got the steady hands of a surgeon which will be very helpful.

I'm starting to get very excited!!!!!

1 comment:

The Gilles Family said...

Yay! Doesn't that feel so good to be started? I can't WAIT to see what you guys do with it! (And FYI, I'm LOVING the Turkish Coffee! Holy cow. Must. Have. That. Color.)

Love you guys!