Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Juror #02-257


Question: Does being 36 weeks pregnant when you are supposed to report for AT LEAST one week of jury duty exempt you from service? If it would, should I want it to?
Believe me... there's a part of me that wants to do my civic duty and would love to take a week off from work (paid) and finally read all those baby books that are collecting dust on my coffee table, but there's another part of me that wonders if they'll let me get up and pee as often as I need to.
I decided to call Dr. Brown and get his opinion. If he thinks it's not a good idea I will need a letter from him and then I will see if I get excused or if they will postpone my week of service until after the baby, my maternity leave, and tax season has come and gone. If Dr. Brown thinks it will be fine, I will go ahead and show up. Besides, Christopher says I'm so opinionated they will never let me on a jury anyway.

3 comments:

The Gilles Family said...

Hahaha, I want to go to jury duty in the worst way! Seriously! I'd wear my liberal flag with pride! Unless, of course, I had something pressing to do, and then I'd be all, "He deserves the electric chair!" But Mrs. Gilles, he's on trial for stealing gum. "Absolutely! FRY HIM!" hahaha. JUST KIDDING! Good luck, whatever happens! And call me if there's a guy next to you with a pineapple in his briefcase! (I'm 99% sure you will catch that reference, but if you think I'm crazy, let me know! ;)

Unknown said...

I am so sorry! I would be curious as well! I cannot imagine they will not let you pee when you need to. I would like it only because I would have to have a definite set of tasks that can be completed while waiting. I would be so focused. I would think the way your mind works you would make a good juror. It certainly must be an interesting process. Post the results for us to read!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.